This 1918 building was originally constructed as a telephone switching station. We renovated it as a primary residence for nature-loving homeowners, as well as home to their collection of vintage automobiles.
We transformed this 15,000 square-foot building into a home that meets all the needs of the owners. We included a specialized, climate controlled parking garage for the car collection on the first level. A guest apartment occupies a portion of the second level and the owner’s private residence is on the third floor, with more guest bedrooms on the second level.
To keep the owners close to nature, we cut openings in the existing concrete roof to create large patio garden areas in this very urban setting.